Business Games started off in 2021 as an advanced course-in-a-pod(cast) in decision-making and strategic thinking, for students and leaders alike.
We're going to use the current affairs and medium-term trends in international relations and business to continue teaching how to process information, filter misinformation, analyse the situation, and anticipate the likely future developments.
I have started Business Games to package all my experience and share it with lifelong learners at all levels—it's of great value to students and leaders alike:
- We have one of the top CMOs in Australasia writing great things about us on LinkedIn.
- An international brand strategist located in Belgium wrote up this fantastic summary review.
I have a PhD in Economics from Universität Mannheim (Germany) and I have consulted on strategy such firms as UniCredit (Italy), norisbank (part of the Deutsche Bank Group), Westpac NZ, Meridian Energy NZ.
I grew my own firm from scratch to offer strategy consulting to international firms and I employed up to 7 employees at one time. I am also a Chartered Member of the NZ Institute of Directors and hold governance roles.
In addition to entrepreneurship and consulting, I co-authored The Big Issues in Employment: HR Management and Employment Relations in Australasia - 2nd Edition, contributed to Sustainable Finance Forum Roadmap for Action Final Report - November 2020, give numerous talks and taught advanced students at several universities in Germany and NZ.
We're not your typical chat show.
Somewhere between 50% and 75% of all the material costs an email subscription only (= $ free).
However! If you want access to Premium content and/or you want to support our work, I created 2 pricing plans. They give you identical benefits (bonus content + full transcripts of the podcast episodes) and therefore it's up to you which you choose. I chose a high-trust model and a sort of a donation equivalent: choose how much you want to pay (from 2 options), depending on your desire and financial situation:
- Student Gold: Student and recession-proof pricing of $33 USD per year or $3.50 USD per month (both with 7-day free trial)—OR:
- Gold: $111 USD per year or $15 USD per month.
An MBA program runs into tens & hundreds of thousands of dollars—and an MBA would teach you marketing, finance, HR…
…but an MBA doesn't teach you how to understand the real world.
Business Games does.
How Do I Manage My Account?
- Once you subscribe, you get a login link sent to your email—no password required
- If you're a member but have not subscribed in a while, click on Subscribe button and scroll down until you see "Already a member? Sign in" note—click on it to get the email link
- When you click on the link sent to you via the email, the Subscribe button on the site will turn into Account button—you can manage your subscription preferences there
Can I Read It? Can I Listen to It?
- It's both a podcast and a newsletter
- You have full control over how you access it, depending on your reading / listening preference:
- If you prefer to read—we have everything in text;
- If you prefer to listen—we have 99% of the relevant content in a podcast form (apart from the Blog entries)
How Do I Get This into My Podcast App of Choice? Is This on Spotify? Apple Podcasts? Stitcher?
#1 This is a single link that has all the major platforms in one place—try it, first (below) 👇👇👇
#2 Or, search for "Business Games" inside the app of your choice.
What's the Best Way to Contact Us?
Here are ways to get in touch and/or follow our work:
- The best way to get in touch is by becoming a Premium Member through this here website—Premium Members get access to direct way of communication—but there are also other ways to reach & follow both me & Business Games:
- BusinessGamesAI on Twitter
- Business Games on LinkedIn
- The RSS feeds + Spotify link at the top 👆 | FYI I personally prefer listening to podcasts via a dedicated app + we're embedding the episodes on this here website with show notes & transcripts (for Premium Members)—but there's also this RSS feed if you need it provided in its own FAQ at the top there 👆
- Ivanov Consulting website
- Ivanov Consulting on LinkedIn
- AI on LinkedIn
What Can I Expect Week-to-Week?
The typical content drop from end-2022 & going forward is ad-hoc & up to several times a week:
- A newsletter summarizing the week & sharing some thoughts and delivered to your Inbox
- An analysis of medium-term events, longer-term trends, and learnings of how to analyse these (sort of live case studies for decision-making and analysis concepts), also delivered to your Inbox
- Interviews with the experts on longer-term (if not always evergreen) topics related to decision-making, international business and international relations, with the transcripts available for the Premium members
- Blog posts on the same topics
Why Is It Not an Online Course, Then?
Making better decisions is a lifelong, ongoing investment.
We build the "course" part into the logical succession and build-up of topics.
And, we utilize the serialized, weekly podcast/newsletter cycle for delivery, because we feel this allows for better reflection and therefore better ongoing learning.
This format also allows us an ongoing analysis of the current and medium term affairs and trends.
Why Should I Subscribe to the Premium Subscription When I'm Already Oversubscribed?
- That's a fair question. It might not be for you. If I've done my job well and you've read the About section of this site, or listened to the pod Trailer, hopefully it becomes clear whether we are a match.
- It's not for you if you: think you've mastered uncertainty, feel like uncertainty is not a problem in your business or career, want to get a "Harvard" label behind your learning content.
- It's not for you if you happily get all your news from the mainstream media and believe them by default (we have evidential proof they lie and exhibit bias—if you want, subscribe and find out how and where).
- It is for you if you: want to be the first to learn something others don't know and advance your company's strategy and your career, understand that uncertainty rules the world & that mastering uncertainty takes time and effort, want to diversify your learning sources & methods and learn something that's almost never taught at business schools—decision making under uncertainty.
- It is for you if you want to understand the world better, better filter signal out of noise, understand how to read the news, and figure out what to do with this better information processing power.